- To assist disabled or disadvantaged veterans and their families
- To promote programs that focus public attention upon and educate the public concerning: the sacrifices made by America's veterans and their families resulting from their service; the needs of active duty and reserve military personnel and their families, and other issues relating to veterans.
- To promote programs that advise and assist veterans with respect to employment, training, and education.
- To foster patriotism and educate the public concerning American history, ideals and institutions, and the contributions made by America's veterans to secure America's freedom and prosperity.
- To assist in funding and promoting programs sponsored by the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, and its affiliates and other non-profit groups to assist veterans and their families, including veterans service and employment programs; programs to encourage and enhance research and education concerning the special needs of veterans; programs to study the impact of technology and public policy on veterans; programs to assist homeless and disadvantaged veterans; and other programs related to veterans issues and national defense, and